Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Jackson Cruise 10 Angler
Smallies_R_Us Offline
Administrator

RE: Jackson Cruise 10 Angler
Here's some info:

No slide tracs, instead there are what Drew calls "inserts" where screwballs can be installed. There are five of them. They are positioned appropriately. It comes with one screwball. It's also GoPro ready.

The yak is two inches wider than the T100 @ 32.5". He noted this was a must to add the high seat for this yak at 10'3. He said the exact design of the tarpon wouldn't allow for it and Jackson couldn't tell people that they can stand in it. I can vouch for that, I've done it but it is tough- especially crawling out of the very low (yet extremely comfortable) seat in the tarpon.

He said speed should be around the same and that the C10 was a little easier for him to turn.

To me, all of this really means a Tarpon 100 with a hi/lo seat that you can stand up in so for my needs, this could be the ticket.

Pittsburgh, PA -- JACKSON COOSA & JACKSON CUDA 12 Powered by Bending Branches Paddles
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2013 12:55 PM by Smallies_R_Us.)
08-20-2013 12:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Neill Andritz Offline
Spence

We hope to have these for the Allegheny Sport Travel and Outdoor Show in February along with the rest of the Jackson Kayak lineup!

Avonmore, PA
The River's Edge Canoe & kayak
All things Jackson Kayak!
Jackson Kayak Dealer
NuCanoe Dealer
08-20-2013 01:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Smallies_R_Us Offline
Administrator

That's great news! This is one yak I want to see ASAP

Pittsburgh, PA -- JACKSON COOSA & JACKSON CUDA 12 Powered by Bending Branches Paddles
08-20-2013 01:47 PM
Neill Andritz Offline
Spence

Hi guys, I finally am back in civilization after being in the mountains of Tennessee at the Jackson Kayak Dealer Summit. I was able to post a few pics from the summit and will try to type up a quick paddle review of this kayak while sitting on the beach tomorrow(sorry)! There are some great things coming out of Jackson Kayak this season and new products that we will be carrying thanks to Legend and Smallies! First off we will be carrying the entire JK lineup along with tons of JK accessories and also stock every boat in every color! We are also becoming a YakAttack and Power-Pole dealers and offering tons of gear to outfit your Yak. Great things are coming next season!

Avonmore, PA
Jackson Kayak Dealer
NuCanoe Dealer
10-18-2013 10:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Smallies_R_Us Offline
Administrator

Can't wait to see what's in store! Make sure you lather up at the beach, wouldn't want you to come back with a burn

10-19-2013 05:22 AM
we3jeepers Offline

(08-20-2013 01:37 PM)Neill Andritz Wrote:  We hope to have these for the Allegheny Sport Travel and Outdoor Show in February along with the rest of the Jackson Kayak lineup!

where is the Allegheny Sport Travel and Outdoor show at?

Yaks:
Mine: Urban Camo Old Town Predator 13 Camo Extrasport Osprey PFD
Girlfriends: Native Watercraft Gator Bait Manta Ray 12 Astral V-Eight PFD
Daughters: Oldtown Heron 9Xt
Extra: Pink Ocean Venus 11
10-19-2013 02:41 PM
gchristo Offline
Super Moderator

If it's this one, it's in Monroeville on February 12-16. Can't wait, might be day I pick up my new boat.

http://www.sportandtravel.com/

Greg
Hollsopple, PA
Wilderness Ride 115
10-19-2013 02:47 PM
Smallies_R_Us Offline
Administrator

That's the spirit!

10-19-2013 07:21 PM
rwmax Offline

Looks like this boat has gone live on the Jackson site.
Neill Can you confirm the differences between the cruise 10 (reg) and angler addition?
Looks like it will be about 100 bucks price difference
Some flush mounts and some ram stuff? or are there other bells and whistles?
10-19-2013 07:57 PM
Neill Andritz Offline
Spence

I finally had a chance to paddle the Jackson Kayak Cruise 10 Angler. I immediately started out in the high seat position and had no troubles with feeling out of balance or "tippy". Since we were out for a short paddle I put the boat through some drastic maneuvers and tests. Right off the bat you will notice an excellent secondary stability. At 10' 3" you have a short boat that paddles as well as a twelve footer! There were 12-15 people in our group in everything from 10 footers to 14's and I was able to keep pace with everyone around. At Rock Island State Park there is a great set of rapids just up from where we launched. I decided to see what she would do in a little whitewater. I was able to paddle upstream in some pretty serious stuff and eddy out behind a few rocks. When paddling out across the current the boat really lifted her skirt! You can definitely tell she is a Jackson! The handling was awesome. I was even able to surf around a little before heading back down to the ramp. On the way back the I stood with ease and paddled her standing for a while testing the edges and getting a feel for her while being upright. Once again the boat was great. At 32 inches wide she provides a really stable standing/fishing platform. The Angler version comes Ram ready and in a variety of colors. I am glad I will have this boat in my arsenal and don't have to choose between the many great products Jackson Kayak has to offer. Rumor has it Smallies can't wait to try this boat and Legend wants to try the new Big Rig! As previously stated on this thread we will be at the Allegheny Sport Travel & Outdoor Show February 12-16th 2014 at the Monroeville Convention Center with the entire Jackson Kayak lineup. Come down and check out the kayaks and the show. Lots of great fishing, hunting, and outdoor stuff going on!

[Image: angler10.jpg]

Avonmore, PA
Jackson Kayak Dealer
NuCanoe Dealer
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2013 01:05 PM by Smallies_R_Us.)
10-19-2013 08:50 PM